Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weezer - Pinkerton (Day 17 as Day 15)

I listened to Weezer - Pinkerton over the weekend on a mini road trip with two fellow long-time Weezer fans.  We drove along the back roads of middle Tennessee and screamed out the lyrics of 'Tired of Sex', 'Getchoo', 'Why Bother', and 'El Scorcho' as we had done so many times before over the past decade or so of our friendships.  This album was originally slated to be a concept album called Songs From The Black Hole.  I'm not exactly sure what that album would have sounded like since we've only gotten glimpes of the songs from Rivers Cuomo's Alone albums, but I can't imagine possibly liking it any more than I do this album.  Everything else that I have to say about this album has been said so many times before, in so many better ways, that it's almost cliched to try and express my feelings any further in this medium.  Alone 3 and The Pinkerton Diaries were released recently and I still get on every week and think about purchasing that behemoth, but for now I'll just listen to the B-sides from the Deluxe Edition of Pinkerton and rock out to 'You Gave Your Love To Me Softly' and 'I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams'.  I love these songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers