Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Cars & Echo and the Bunnymen (Day 12)

On The Cars self-titled album, 'Good Times Roll' gets things started in a very even-keeled manner, but things really kick in with 'My Best Friend's Girl'.  The first song was a nice lead in to this rocker.  'Just What I Needed' is a classic, with the classic line - "I don't mind you coming here and wasting all my time!" 'You're All I've Got Tonight' has some great harmonies.  The drums and lead guitar are what make this song so enjoyable.  I love how they are a little bit over the top.  The synth line in 'Moving in Stereo' is out-of-this-world good.  It's such a good debut.

On the Echo and the Bunnymen's self-titled album, they show how very contemporary they were with U2.  I love the words in the second verse of 'The Game'.  As I move into 'Over You', I'm reminded that some music just sounds important.  'All In Your Mind' and 'Bombers Bay' are both great.  The chorus of 'Lost & Found' is great and has almost a call and repeat effect to it.  'New Direction' talks about what the "cat dragged in" and then it sounds like there's a cat with the wah-wah backing vocals in the chorus.  'All My Life' is very chill and sounds like the song that plays when two lovers are running into each others' arms at the end of a movie.  There are also some really good bonus tracks included here and one of those, 'Jimmy Brown', is the JAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers