Sunday, January 8, 2012

Deerhunter & The Replacements (Day 8)

I picked up Halcyon Digest by Deerhunter and Tim by The Replacements at my local library and love both.  I have listened to songs from each album before, but have never listened to them all the way through in a single sitting.  Listening to Deerhunter and blogging reminds me of my first failed attempt to start this blog a few years ago and my review of the Deerhunter album 'Microcastle/Weird Era'.

I won't say much more about Halcyon Digest except to say that there are some really great songs here and some songs that try to be moodier than they need to be.  Overall the ambiance of the record is really nice for background music at work. 

I should have purchased The Replacements - Tim a few months back when I found it in the used bin at CD Central here in Lexington.  This album is top quality, along the same lines as their album 'Let It Be' - especially the end of the album.  'Left of the Dial' is an amazing song that can't be listened to just once, no matter how many times you may have heard it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers