Thursday, February 9, 2012

Black Crowes & Beck "Mellow Gold" (Day 40)

I'm not sure that I have ever listened to the Black Crowes - Greatest Hits all the way through until today.  Of course I love 'Jealous Again' and 'Hard to Handle'.  The slide guitar on 'Twice as Hard' rocks! 'She Talks to Angels' and 'Remedy' are also really good songs and there are some great vocals on 'Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye'.  I love how 'Conspiracy' rocks on the up beat and there's a great ending to the song 'Go Faster'. 

On Beck - Mellow Gold, 'Loser' is obviously the stand-out track.  I remember playing that on the jukebox every time our group of friends would hit up our favorite pizza place in high school.  'Pay No Mind' is exactly why I like his album "Mutations".  He really uses the super distorted voice effect in 'Sweet Sunshine' and 'MFer'.  'Beer Can' sounds a lot like something The Avalanches would have done in the middle section.  'Steal My Body Home' is so chill, and I really like 'Nitemare Hippy Girl'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers